Virtualization is a proven software technology that is rapidly transforming the IT landscape and fundamentally changing the way that people compute. The process lets you run multiple virtual servers or desktops on a single physical machine (host), sharing the resources of that single computer across multiple environments.
Virtualization works by inserting a thin layer of software directly on the computer hardware or host and then loading multiple versions of the operating systems on top of it. This contains a virtual machine monitor or “hypervisor” that allocates hardware resources dynamically and transparently. Multiple operating systems run concurrently on a single physical computer and share hardware resources with each other. You can safely run several operating systems and applications at the same time on a single computer, with each having access to the resources it needs when it needs them. Virtualization addresses the challenges that arise when computing becomes widely distributed and moves away from the “mainframe” model.
Top 5 Reasons to Adopt Virtualization Software
- Get more out of your existing resources: Pool common infrastructure resources and break the legacy “one application to one server” model with server consolidation.
- Reduce datacenter costs by reducing your physical infrastructure and improving your server to admin ratio: Fewer servers and related IT hardware means reduced real estate and reduced power and cooling requirements. Better management tools let you improve your server to admin ratio so personnel requirements are reduced as well.
- Increase availability of hardware and applications for improved business continuity: Securely backup and migrate entire virtual environments with no interruption in service. Eliminate planned downtime and recover immediately from unplanned issues.
- Gain operational flexibility: Respond to market changes with dynamic resource management, faster server provisioning and improved desktop and application deployment.
- Improve desktop manageability and security: Deploy, manage and monitor secure desktop environments that users can access locally or remotely, with or without a network connection, on almost any standard desktop, laptop or tablet PC.
DynaSis knows how critical it is for small and mid-sized businesses to maximize their uptime. By implementing our DynaSis Virtualization Infrastructure (DVI), companies are able to quickly add server capacity or deploy new hardware systems creating increased flexibility and scalability and lower operational costs.
- Immediate benefits include:
- Workload isolation and granular resource control
- Lower total cost of ownership of servers
- Higher server utilization
- Increased operational efficiency
- Faster, more flexible, and more reliable disaster recovery at a lower cost
- Significant reductions in planned and unplanned downtime
- Simplified and repeatable processes for implementing business continuity solutions
DynaSis is an expert in implementing the latest technologies in the industry. Contact us for more information on IT support Atlanta, managed hosting, IT strategy and professional service installation.